It was quite the scrubbing project, they were pretty filthy.
After they were washed, scrubbed, and polished, we brought them inside. Unfortunately, the already-sticking drawers were so swollen from the amount of water I used (oops...) and the temperature change, they wouldn't fit back in the dresser. Soo... hubby replaced the runners on all the drawers for me. :) They work wonderfully now! I removed all the old glass and replaced the knobs on the dresser side cabinets. The top pieces have all original handles.
I also lined the bottoms of the drawers with adhesive drawer liner.
|The dresser and smaller hutch fit very nicely into the nook we added in our room. I love it!|
|The larger hutch, which is 72" long, went on the other side of our bedroom.|
Runners: around $25
Total cost: less than $30, plus a couple hours :P