-->

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Baby Project: Natural Diaper Cream

Okay, this isn't technically a baby project, but more of  a baby gift. Some friends of ours recently had a baby boy, and I knew just what I wanted to make as a gift.

I used the recipe found here, halved again and with some slight modifications.

All-Natural Diaper Cream

1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 ounce beeswax (chopped or pellets)
6 drops lavender essential oil
6 drops tea tree oil (melaleuca) essential oil

I put my ingredients in a small canning jar to use as double boiler, and stirred occasionally until melted. Remove from heat and add essentials oils. Stir and pour into your final container, or just leave in the jar.
Allow to cool and set. :)

For my container I ended up recycling a travel size conditioner bottle. I removed the label easily  and printed my own. I also included a printed list of the ingredients and why they are used, borrowed from Simply Real Moms. This would be especially helpful if the recipient isn't aware of the benefits of natural oils. :)




The finished gift basket! I also included two flannel/chenille wash cloths, and two flannel/terry burp cloths.

No comments:

Post a Comment