Friday, November 9, 2012

Ottoman Re-Do

I found a cute little stool at Goodwill last weekend while shopping with my friend Donna, and at just $3, I couldn't pass it up. :)
I had several ideas for color/scheme I was mulling over, but when I finally made it to the fabric store to buy supplies, those were out the window when I found this adorable print.

I can work with that! I also grabbed some trim, and away I went!

Before. Needs some sanding and a style update!

This was easy peasy to recover. I unscrewed the base from the top,  and gave the base a few coats of spray paint.

Cut the fabric to size, making sure to leave extra around all sides.

And staple. So easy! Er, well... it should be easy. I was using an old hammer stapler that does NOT work well when hammering against a padded surface. I mostly kept my cool. :P

I wasn't liking the new-paint look, so I distressed it slightly.

Glued on the trim, using 3M Glue.

Ta Da! :)

Finished project in it's new home, complete with matching pillow. :)

Official before and after...