-->

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh For the Love of Scrubs!

I've been collecting recipes for body scrubs on Pinterest for a while now, and really wanted to try some. So, today I was inspired finally to dig out the ingredients and do it! I tried two different kinds, one salt and one sugar, so here is the results!






Brown Sugar Oatmeal Scrub
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup raw oatmeal (I used quick oats)
1 cup olive oil


Combine all ingredients. Massage onto body with circular motions. Take you time, and when you're done, jump in the shower. Your skin will be SO soft! You may want to stand on a towel to catch the runaway bits. The oil can be messy!
I halved this recipe, and it made about half a pint.
Overall: Loved it! It was mildly abrasive, and left my dry hands super soft and smelling sweet! I have a Mary Kay hand kit, and this was a very similar effect to that, and much cheaper!


Measure out ingredients...

Mix 'em together...

Recipe source: Glamour & Beauty


Lemon Salt Scrub
5 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lemon
Combine salt and olive oil. Juice the lemon into mixture and combine. This one separates quickly, so keep a spoon or popsicle stick with it to stir it around, or put it in a jar large enough to reach into.
I didn't have sea salt, so I used Kosher salt. I'm not sure how much difference this made, but I liked it all the same. I also doubled it for a half pint.
Overall: I love the scent of this one. It is, however, very abrasive. This one I will probably use more for my body, rather than my hands. It did leave my hands very soft. It works great for a foot exfolient! 
Doesn't that look yummy? I almost wanted to taste it. :P
Source: The Beauty Department

I had fun making these, and plan to try more! They would make great gifts. Oh-so-easy to make, they look pretty, and people always need scrubs, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment