-->

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY Fabric Softener

Super easy, cheap to make, smells great, leaves clothes soft, what's not to love? Oh, and did I mention cheap??

After looking at a few recipes online, I scaled them down and basically made my own. It took less then five minutes, and so far I love it!

Refreshing Fabric Softener
2 cups hot water
1/2 cup vinegar
2/3 cup conditioner of your choice, I used Suave as it's about $1.50 or so a bottle

Pour ingredients into a bottle or container. I used an old juice jug I had set aside.
Stir to mix.
And that's it. So easy. ^_^



 I made an easy label on Word, and I was done!

Cost breakdown:
conditioner: $0.75
vinegar: $0.25
total: $1.00
I'm not sure how many loads I will get from this, but my machine takes about 1/4 cup or less for a load. That breaks it down to 16 loads per batch, for a total of $0.06 per load.

Compared to a bottle of Downy, that is a savings of roughly $6.00 a bottle! I like it. I like it a lot. ; )

1 comment:

  1. This looks great!
    Unfortunately, since I don't have a washer and dryer in my apartment, I usually just use dryer sheets for fabric softener rather than sit down by the washer to wait for the rinse cycle to add the softener.
    I'll have to keep this idea for the future, though! It looks so nice!


    Bonnie
    www.recipeshappen.com
    www.facebook.com/recipeshappen

    ReplyDelete