-->

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Baby Projects: Quilt and Booties

So, I made the mistake of reading about how to sew minky, and totally psyched myself up to think it would be horrible. I put it off for months.

Then I got sick of that, and finished the quilt. Not so bad. Pretty easy, actually. I just cut the minky bigger then the quilt top, and used a lot of pins. It took me about a half hour to finish.

I adore minky. ^_^ It's so soft and adorable...



I also have quite a bit small scraps laying around, so I found this tutorial and decided to try it. They used fleece, which I do think would work a little better, and I plan on making more with fleece. I didn't have any at the time, so I decided to make my trial pair with terry. I think they're adorable, and they were fairly easy for my inexperienced sewer self.

I made mine in size 0-3 months. The inside top liner is chenille, and the outside toe is flannel.









No comments:

Post a Comment