-->

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Cleaning: Mattress treatment

Yesterday I set out to wash all of our bedding in the master bedroom, and once I had that started, I had an urge to clean the mattress. I've heard baking soda is good, and wanted to add essential oils. I researched the different effects of oils in this particular instance, and heard good reviews on lavender, so this is what I decided upon:
1 cup baking soda
4-6 drops lavender essential oil
Sprinkle on mattress, let sit at least 15 minutes. Vacuum up using the hose on your vacuum with the upholstery attachment 
The baking soda helps deodorize and pull moisture up the bedding, and lavender is a natural antiseptic. It also leaves a faint, calming scent behind. :)


I also plan to use this on some area rugs I have and our love seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment