-->

Monday, April 16, 2012

Mason Jar Soap Dispenser

I found this on the ever-inspiring Pinterest, of course. ;)
All you need is a clean, dry pint mason jar and a soap dispenser. I saved one off of a bottle I was going to throw away. I don't like having a big, ugly Dawn bottle sitting on my kitchen counter, so I whipped one of these up before company came on Saturday.

Drill or punch a hole big enough for your dispenser through the lid. My hubby helped me with this part, and it took him all of thirty seconds with a step bit to drill it. Watch for metal snags underneath, you may have to file them off.



Glue dispenser to the lid using E6000 glue. It says to let it dry for like 72 hours, but since when do I follow directions?


SO easy, and so cute! I love it! I want to make one again when I find a metal dispenser and use a blue mason jar.

1 comment:

  1. I just did this. Only I didnt have a drill, or a cute little jar. I just used the medium sized one(a pint? or something?)(they have these at our Dollar Tree with lids for only...ha a dollar!) and a bathroom handsoap dispenser... and gorilla glue. So basically I took your idea and ran wild with it. I'll let you know how I like it. :D

    Anika

    ReplyDelete