-->

Monday, April 9, 2012

Frugality: The Value Of Patience


Shopping clearance and out-of-season in stories is probably a no-brainer, but for me, it's not always easy. I can be an impulsive buyer, especially heading into a season and seeing something I would love for the winter or summer. It can be difficult for me to just walk away from the "cutest pair of flip flops ever!" or those "super soft winter gloves". Last fall I was shopping summer clearance in Shopko and came across three pairs of adorable gloves. I wanted them all. And now. :P I carried them around the store with me for a while, as I often do with purchases I know I shouldn't be making. The gloves were 12.59, 9.99, and 9.99. No, I wasn't going to buy all three, but I sure wanted to! Eventually, as I walked around the store, I became more and more disillusioned with the price. Even if I only bought one pair... I still had my gloves from last year,  and though they were missing buttons and a little frayed, they could last one more year, right? Right. back on the rack they went.

Fast forward to today. Shopping Shopko for winter clearance. And what do you know, there are the exact three pairs I had wanted. For 90% off. By having a little patience, I saved 42.40, by just having a little patience. And hey, I got my gloves. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment